Sunday, May 22, 2011

Mathematic Pattern

I love mathematic so much.

These artworks started with my thought of how magical mathematic is. Mathematic is always about pattern. I guess that's why I love mathematic so much. I always do.

At first I made a pattern based on the multiples of each number from 1 - 100, in a 10 x 10 boxes box.

Each box represent one number:


So in the multiples of 1, all of the boxes are red.


in the multiple of 2, only the even boxes are red.



in the multiple of 3, the red boxes started to make a nice pattern like this.



This is the pattern of 4...

5...

 6...

 7...

 8...

 9...

 10

 20

25

50

100


These are all the pattern from 1 - 100:


and then I explored those mathematic pattern to be so many new amazing patterns:

This one is the pattern of their factors. Each square inside the black-outlined-box represent one number from 1 - 17. I can see which number has the most factors.









1 comment: